Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Before I fall - Lauren Oliver

6482837



Title: Before I fall 
Author: Lauren Oliver 
Format: Paperback 
Release Date: October 25th 2010
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance, Fantasy. 
Stars out of ten: 








SUMMARY


For popular high school senior Samantha Kingston, February 12—"Cupid Day"—should be one big party, a day of valentines and roses and the privileges that come with being at the top of the social pyramid. And it is…until she dies in a terrible accident that night.

However, she still wakes up the next morning. In fact, Sam lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she ever imagined.


REVIEW


When 17 year old Samantha is killed in a car accident in her home town, she vividly describes her horrifying and painful death, and what flashes through her mind in those painful final seconds. However much to her surprise waking up the next morning in her bed, with the memory of her death fresh in her mind, she cannot help but feel very confused. 

Gradually she realises that she was fated to relive the day of her death, February the 12th repeatedly until she 'gets things right'. This leads to Sam having to examine her life and the people that were infact surrounding her, Whilst she was alive she thought she had it all, the popularity, the friends, the guy that every girl wanted. When Samantha realises what she has been living in she rebels and lashes out by hanging out with people she never would have acknowledged before. She starts to belive that she can put things right and save her own life. But she then realises that she had to relive each day in order to accept her death - but only if she is willing to save the girls life in which her friend's prime target. This Samantha is very different from the Samantha we see in the first few pages of the book.  

FIRST SENTENCES 


(In my eyes I would class these as the first few sentences, but for those who do not I will include those as well.)

" I know some of you are thinking maybe I deserved it. But before you start pointing fingers, let me ask you: is what I did really so bad, so bad that I deserved to die? So bad I deserved to die like that? Is what I did really so much worse than what anybody else does? Is it really so much worse than what you do? "

'Official' first sentences 

" They say that just before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes, but that's not how it happened for me. " 

MY THOUGHTS 

I read this book last year and I can remember it (which is saying something). I loved this book and god, it made me cry so much. I like the fact that we each have our 'greatest hits'. I think this book was amazingly written but Lauren Oliver, I know you will never read this, but you need to make a really short novella of some kind, of what happened to the world after she died. What the hell did Kent do?! I need to know this stuff, it eats my brain, I have been patiently having this disease called curiosity lice for at least a year (and not just with this book) it eats away at your brain until you are mad, (its a lot like the Flare). Please...


MY BLOG IS BETTER THAN YOUR VLOG

ELLIE



No comments:

Post a Comment