Friday, July 4, 2014

Dangerous Girls - Abigail Haas

"Wouldn't we all look guilty, if someone searched hard enough?"








Title: Dangerous Girls
Author: Abigail Haas
Genres: Young adult, mystery, thriller, contemporary



It's Spring Break of senior year. Anna, her boyfriend Tate, her best friend Elise, and a few other close friends are off to a debaucherous trip to Aruba that promises to be the time of their lives. But when Elise is found brutally murdered, Anna finds herself trapped in a country not her own, fighting against vile and contemptuous accusations. 
As Anna sets out to find her friend's killer; she discovers hard truths about her friendships, the slippery nature of truth, and the ache of young love.

As she awaits the judge's decree, it becomes clear that everyone around her thinks she is not just guilty, but dangerous. When the truth comes out, it is more shocking than one could ever imagine...



WOW.

Dangerous Girls is written through Anna's point of view with chapters split up into the present where she is in court, speaking to lawyers, her father, Tate; and into the spring break when Elise was murdered; and occasional flashbacks of Anna and Elise, Anna and Tate, and other friends.

It had been a while since I have read an unputdownable book and this book blew my mind. It was compelling from the very first page with a great, fast rhythm. Abigail Haas's perfect balance of the present and of flashbacks in the past kept the story alive and made me want more, more, more. I consumed this book as fast as fire would consume a forest. The suspense was excruciating. All through the book all I wanted to know was WHO THE HELL KILLED ELISE?!?!?! 

I started this book in the morning, before school started...grave mistake. I literally couldn't concentrate on anything but the book and I even managed to read a few pages in my lessons, hiding the book under the table. I took it with me on the bus to a sport match and THEN had to wait another hour or so (the match) before I could start reading again. I can usually sort of guess what happens or at least have a theory, but this book had me pointing my finger at pretty much everyone and I had no clue what the hell had happened, even though everything was there. You just really have to pay close attention to everything. Abigail Haas doesn't make mistakes, she's meticulous. Everything she writes, she writes with accuracy and for a reason.

AND THE ENDING OH MY GOD THE ENDING.


This might literally be the best book I have ever read.

Abigail Haas is is a cunning queen and we should all bow down to her.









And the cover! The cover is perfect.
This one doesn't do the book justice:
16074758
This one is okay but doesn't give the same feeling as the one with shattered glass:
18775628




I recommend this book 100% whether you are into thrillers or not. This book is for everyone. However, although Dangerous Girls is classed as YA, it explores some darker elements than usual YA reads. I would class this as one of my favourite books...Yes, it was that good. 

BUY IT AND READ IT STRAIGHT AWAY.

Rate out of 5: 

(I would also like to apologise for the lack of posts and thank Ellie for posting and updating frequently. Also I am stealing her idea of the layout of reviews: sorry and thanks E.)

-C E L I N E

No comments:

Post a Comment