Monday, July 14, 2014

Memory - Christoph Marzi



18190098
 Title: Memory
Author: Christoph Marzi
Genres: Fantasy, paranormal

This is a book about a ghost called Story. She's lost in the city - alone, afraid and without her memory. Then she meets Jude, a boy who sees the dead. And he is the only one who can help her remember...


Does anyone think that the blurb is super gripping? And the title is very intriguing? Well they are, right?

For the story?
At first, I thought it was okay. It starts off with Jude in English who had a blank piece of paper for an essay he was supposed to write. He got into trouble and yadda, yadda, yadda. Then it explains the story of how Jude first started seeing ghosts. Okay, fine, probably important stuff. Soon, he meets Story, the ghost, and right now I'm like, okay, this is what the book's about. Story has lost her memory and that is unusual for a ghost so Jude and the other ghosts at the nearby cemetery come to the conclusion that she's not fully a ghost - just dying. Okay, I can handle that.

The villain/antagonist only appears after 4/5ths of the way through and Jude and Story go on pointless journey's that doesn't really contribute to the plot at all... and so much excess information, which, to be honest, I didn't care at all about. They were completely irrelevant. I could probably rewrite the entire book in fifty pages, with the exact same story. The characters were bland and boring and when I read the things they said, well...


This book bored me and I lost interest about forty pages in. It doesn't reach its blurb or cover expectations at all. Most of the scenes were utterly unnecessary and did nothing to pique my interest.

Rate out of 5: 

-C E L I N E

No comments:

Post a Comment