Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Most Intimidating Books




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by 
The Broke and the Bookish. Here on Hooked on Books we have decided to join the group and start posting our Top Tens.



I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to pick the most intimidating books within an hour. I usually have this done a few days earlier so all I have to do is schedule for it to be published on a Tuesday, but I've been lazy this week... Here goes.

10. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley - I've studied Frankenstein in English but I'm reluctant to read the complete book.
9. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson- I love suspenseful and crime-related books, but I have to admit, this book is very daunting. I've seen the trailer of the movie and it looks very, very dark.
8. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin - Apparently it's complex and well, I've seen it on TV; it's not the most happiest of shows.
7. The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri - My Italian isn't great, but...hell?
184907645590
6. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo - Deemed one of the greatest novels of the 19th century, this 1488 page long book about the struggles of an ex-convict definitely makes it on my list.
5. Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler himself - I'm not planning on reading this book for a while but I'm very hesitant to read it. I'm worried about where my sanity will be after I read this. I mean, do I really want to read a book about the most evil of villains who killed 918982376235628737202388273 people?!
4. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie - It sounds and looks pretty creepy, and Christie is a good writer I hear so she'll make this book feel real and it'll double the creep factor.
2428016299
3. It by Stephen King - The cover is BLOOD-CURDLING. I reallllyyyyy want to read it though, I just have to get over how alarming the cover is. King is maybe one of the best authors in this century so his ability to write chilling books is hauntingly brilliant.
2. Getting Away with Murder: The True Story of the Emmett Till Case by Chris Crowe - Getting away with murder?! I've watched way too many crime shows that I now am weirdly fascinated yet still terrified of things like this.
1. 1984 by George Orwell - It has over a million ratings on Goodreads & it's I quote, 'so powerful that it's completely convincing from start to finish'.
10111715387765470

That's your second Top Ten Tuesday of the week since Ellie forgot last week's -_-. Enjoy.

-C E L I N E


No comments:

Post a Comment