Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Deserted Island





Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by 
The Broke and the Bookish. Here on Hooked on Books we have decided to join the group and start posting our Top Tens. 





This week's list is...
TOP TEN BOOKS I'D WANT ON A DESERTED ISLAND

I've not included series and I've tried to vary the genres so if ever I am stuck on a deserted island, I won't be stuck with the all the same type of books.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

1. The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales - The Grimm Brothers play an important part in everyone's childhoods and with 200 stories, who'd get bored?

2. The Secret Language of Birthdays - Astrology, zodiac signs, numerology are all hauntingly accurate. I would love find out personality traits based on birthdays.

3.  Dangerous Girls - A very predictable pick for me but no one can deny the pure ingenuity of this book - thriller and mystery, tick 

4.We Were Liars - Introduced to this book by a friend, (thank you Ellie) this is a truly evocative and poignant book. Summers and sadness make this book an unforgettable one.

5. On the Jellicoe Road - I haven't read it but it is very high on my to-read list and it has a lot of good reviews so why not?
(And also because
“If you weren't driving, I'd kiss you senseless," I tell him.
He swerves to the side of the road and stops the car abruptly.
"Not driving any more.”

is in this book.)

6. The Cell Phone Swap - So technically this is a Wattpad story and I don't know how I'd get it on a deserted island and I don't know if it'll ever finish but we all need a super cliché but annoyingly hooking book and this is it. Coming from a person who gags at cringey/cheesy books, The Cell Phone Swap is like my shameful indulgence.

7. To Kill a Mockingbird - Here is your literature and historical fiction. Atticus Finch has the power to change your perspective on life and for those people who gave up reading this not even halfway through, you don't have an excuse not to read it.

8. Pride and Prejudice - Not that I have ever read this but it's a classic and a very good one apparently, not to forget that it's by Jane Austen so yeah, I'd definitely bring this along.

9. Bared to You - Well, wth I'm on a deserted island and (cringe.com) YOLO.

10. The Dictionary.

22917184677301614334718852657

Which books would you take to a deserted island?

Next week's list is:
Hilarious Book Titles

Stay tuned :)

-C E L I N E

No comments:

Post a Comment