Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Fault in our stars - John Green

Grca_badge_winner





Title: The fault in our stars 
Author: John Green 
Format: eBook 
Release Date: January 10th 2012
Genre: YA Romance
Rating: 






SUMMARY 

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


REVIEW 

Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 13, Hazel was prepared to die until, when a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs...for now.
Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind.

FIRST THOUGHTS


Chapter one: Late in the winter of my seventeenth year, my mother decided I was depressed, presumably because I rarely left the house, spent quite a lot of time in bed, read the same book over and over, ate infrequently, and devoted quite a bit of my of my abundant free time to thinking about death. 

MY THOUGHTS 

This book has literally hit everybody in my year, the amount of girls I see walking around with this book at the moment in my school is unreal. I read this book this time last year and still sticks out to me, such a powerful storyline, such a deep and diverse subject to read about. The writing is captivating, and the ending is horrible. John Green's words have the power to move oceans, I swear to you. 

UPCOMING MOVIE

This is utter perfection, when I found out this was being made into a movie I was so excited and eagerly anticipating the book to come to our screens. Waiting for other people to share the heartache with, makes me so much happier, like I am surrounded by bubble wrap. 

After seeing Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort working together in Divergent I was certain they would be able to pull this off and make the characters seem as vivid as they are in my mind. 

June 6th - A date to keep in your diary. 

MY BLOG IS BETTER THAN YOUR VLOG
ELLIE 

No comments:

Post a Comment