Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Slated, Fractured& Shattered - Teri Terry








Title: Slated
Author: Teri Terry
Format: Paperback
Release date: May 2012
Genre: Thriller, Romance.
Stars out of ten:  








SUMMARY 


Kyla’s memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.

She’s been Slated.

The government claims she was a terrorist and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?

REVIEW 


 A world in the 2050's where the minds of 'terrorists have been wiped. Kyla a slated teenage girl moves in with a very mundane family, a mother, father and a girl named Amy (who is also slated.
All Slated's must attend a happy group,which is like a therapy session in order to help the Slated's into their new reformed lives. This is where she meets Ben, a boy who later on in the book seeks to become a person rather than a Slated. 
Kyla cannot remember any of her previous life or what she has done to become slated, however she keeps having visions of things that may of happened in her past. 
Seeking to figure out her hazy past she discovers a missing persons website, along with a girl called Lucy. 

Kyla is living in a lie, where she doesn't know how to find the truth.


FIRST SENTENCES

PROLOGUE: I run.  Fists of waves claw the sand as I force one foot to pound after the other. Scramble up, slip down, repeat. Faster. Eyes fixed on the dunes ahead. Don't look back. Musn't look. Ragged breath; in, out; in, out. Still I run 

Chapter one: Weird. All right, I haven't got much experience on which to base this judgement. I may be sixteen and I'm not slow or backward and haven't been locked in a cupboard since birth- so far as I know - but slating does that to you. Makes you lacking in experience.


THE COVER 

I like this cover, it gives us a hint of mystery. The colours are dark signifying a 'dark book' creating a horror atmosphere or a thriller. However I dislike having cover models on the front of books because I like to imagine the character and as much as I try to ignore the person on the cover, I cant because they are always staring right back at me. I dont imaine Kyla to look like that. 

MY THOUGHTS

Fast paced and amazingly written. Such a awesome and gripping storyline, the characters were all perceived so well. It is such a vivid world in which Teri Terry has created, clearly mapped out and I can only praise her for her first book of an eagerly awaited trilogy.






13490543




Title: Fractured 
Author: Teri Terry
Format: Paperback
Release date: April 2013
Genre: Thriller, Romance.
Rating:









SUMMARY 

How do you know where to go when you don't remember where you came from?

Kyla's memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.

Or so she thought.

Kyla shouldn't be able to remember anything. But she can - and she's beginning to realise that there are a lot of dark secrets locked away in her memories. When a mysterious man from her past comes back into her life, she thinks she's on her way to finding the truth. But the more she learns about her history, the more confusing her future becomes...

REVIEW

Finding Ben has been nagging Kyla's mind since the happening in his garage, is he dead or alive? 
She finds something inside her when it rains, she can feel that this has something to do with her past, but she does not known what. 
When Nico comes into her life with what seems like a infinite number of answers about her past life, it seems like the only thing she can do it get answers. She will do anything to find out why she originally got slated, however this leads her in the complete wrong path


FIRST SENTENCES

Chapter one: Rain has many uses. Holly and beech trees like those around me need it to live and grow. 
It washes away tracks, obscures footprints. Makes trails harder to follow, and that is a good thing today . But most of all, it washes the blood from my skin, my clothes. I stand, shivering, as the heavens open. 

THE COVER

This may just be me, but what is with the pink? Now that I think about it, is that blood? I don't know, I don't like it as much as the first one. Its easily recognisable, because its basically the same photo on the front. 

MY THOUGHTS

I liked the way Kyla didn’t automatically get her memory back, I mean in some books when the main character is suffering from memory loss, all of a sudden everything just clicks

I liked how emotive it was, like I shed small   and few tears when Ben didn't realise who she was, and I feel that it was written very well. And it was also very well planned. I mean they made me love Ben so much that 


I also loved the fact she had a phobia of blood, that made her more heroic (well to me it did) I think it’s because we all have things we are scared of.


I loved how at the end she realised that Ben has dreams about her, if I could put how I felt when reading it and feel now it would just be “adsjfhdilwjhfb” I felt like screaming with happiness. 

I guess this is nobody's fault really. Its just I strongly disliked the way Kyla just automatically trusted Nico. It must be easier looking in on a situation, and analysing it. But Kyla is such an idiot. I mean, HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE? She trusted a guy that broke her fingers when she was ten?! Would you trust him? He is also perceived totally differently, it was so obvious. 







Title: Shattered 
Author: Teri Terry
Format: Paperback
Release date: 
Genre: Thriller, Romance.
Rating:






Summary 

Kyla is in danger from both the government Lorders who erased her memory and the terrorists who tried to use her. So now she’s on the run. Sporting a new identity and desperate to fill in the blank spaces of her life pre-Slating, Kyla heads to a remote mountain town to try to reunite with the birth mother she was kidnapped from as a child. There she is hoping all the pieces of her life will come together and she can finally take charge of her own future. But even in the idyllic wilderness and the heart of her original family, Kyla realizes there is no escape from the oppressive Lorders. Someone close to her may be one of them, and even more frighteningly, her birth mother has been keeping secrets of her own.

In this stunning series finale, Kyla finally finds out who she really is, and the road to this discovery, and to deciding who she wants to become, is full of dangerous twists and turns that will keep readers riveted. 


REVIEW 

Travelling to find her Mother before she was slated, the book starts with Kyla changing her appearance so that people will not be able to recognise her, perhaps the safest option to travel across England with the authorities willing her dead. Staying with her mother, who doesnt realise is the girl who was taken away from her before the slating. Stella Conner welcomes Kyla (who now goes under the name Riley) into her house for girls. Kyla hopes that bringing herself back to the home in which she used to live in as Lucy Conner before the slating will bring back memories from her past life, clearing all of the haziness and uncertainties that the Slating has brought to her life. 
Finding out truths about the Lorder government and the authorities, Kyla realises the truth behind the world she is living in, and she is prepared to bring it down. 

THE COVER 

How beautiful is this, I mean lets be honest the girl on the cover of these books seems flawless in these pictures of her. It seems so pure but she seems so strong and defiant. There is an obvious glint in her eye. I like that, I think I found that in this book Kyla realises peoples eyes a lot, she can read people through their eyes. I would love to be able to do that. Something that I don't understand is the fact that she didn't have brown hair on the cover, I mean right at the beginning of this book she did change her hair colour. Maybe it was because it shows that she is still the same person even under her new identity? 

MY THOUGHTS 

Finishing this book was heartbreaking and I was very angry at the ending. With a love triangle being brought in straight at the end.
Another thing I didn't like; At the end there were no Ben and Kyla moments, I have no idea how she would of incorporated the Ben and Kyla moments, because only at the end he was being treated for his memory, but still... we didn't see Ben nearly enough, only to reject her in the second book and then in this book he's lovely to her and then tries to kill her but right at the end, he is having his chip in his brain removed and he's back to normal Ben, but seriously I crave more Kyla and Ben moments, I just fell in love with him in the first book and I need more of that...
I would of also like to see what happened about Finley and Madison? Did he get her back or not?


Such a fast paced, thrilling read. I would recommend this to anybody who asked for a dystopian thriller.An amazing adventure to be a part of. 



MY BLOG IS BETTER THAN YOUR VLOG


ELLIE











No comments:

Post a Comment